Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Honey Honey Quilt Top

For the past few weeks I've been hard at work on some old projects that have been lying around just waiting to be finished.  I also decided to start something new!  I recently purchased a jelly roll of Kate Spain's newest line, Honey Honey, and just had to make something with it.  All the bright springy floral prints made me forget about winter for a while!  

Half of a quilt top!

It's still untitled.  I'm waiting for some inspiration to strike for a good name - suggestions are welcome!  It's approximately 64" x 84" although I haven't actually measured it and I'm apparently terrible at making a scant 1/4" seam.  You can kind of see that when I trimmed the bottom, I had to lop off a good bit of that bottom square.  Oh well.  That's how you know it's handmade, right?

Honey Honey Quilt Top

I'm hoping to get it basted in the next week so it can actually be in use during the spring!  I'm thinking of going for a solid on the back and a solid binding.  There are so many beautiful colors in this line, it's hard to decide which ones to use!  These pictures really don't do it justice - the next sunny day I will try to get some good photos!

If you're looking for the giveaway (who wants a charm pack!?), you can find that here.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday - be sure to click the button on the right and check out the rest of the awesome projects this week!

-Melissa

14 comments:

  1. I love it - how about Honey - O's??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. I like how the Spain's colors give a softness to the geometic shapes within the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm working on a Honey Honey quilt myself, and I'm loving how the colors look with the white background fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I love honey honey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun design. Perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this line and your quilt is so much fun! Ready for spring here too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice! I had some quilts that need trimmed also. Not all of us can be perfect;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming quilt - combination of a great pattern and lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quilt top! It has a modern, artsy look to it. Sorry, you won't get a name suggestion from me. I seem to go brain-dead when it comes to thinking up clever quilt names.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely. Reminds me of strings of beads x

    ReplyDelete
  11. First thing on my mind, when i saw the quilt was: Underground, so that is my suggestion for a name for the quilt.

    Bettina, Germany
    bettinatrapp(at)web.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. to me it looks like links on a bracelet, chains. I LOVE this pattern by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd call it beads on a string

    ReplyDelete
  14. How about Pitstops in the Walk of Life. The squares/rectangles are the pitstops and the colored strips are the bricks/stepping stones.

    ReplyDelete