Last week, the pressing and cutting began for Block 1 and yesterday evening, I finished it up! It's the most perfect block I've ever made - all my points are sharp (as sharp as they're getting for me). The only thing that's a little sloppy is that the edges didn't exactly match up, as you can see. I never take time to square things up as I go, that's probably why. That and pieces probably stretch when I press them. I know I do it wrong all the time!
|Swoon Block 1|
As I began cutting my two fat quarters for Block 2, I realized I was going to have a problem. I'm using this diamond print where the red is in the above block. It's a more directional print than you realize at first. The way the cutting instructions are, this is going to present a challenge. Today's free time will be spent combing the Swoon Along for information on how others dealt with this. If you have any tips, please save me some time and share them with me :) I only have FQs to work with, so that makes it a little more difficult.
Needless to say, Christmas Ribbons has been sitting idle for a week or so... I'm so excited about Swoon though! But I should buckle down and finish up Christmas Ribbons - Swoon might not even be finished by Christmas. Plus I have two other quilts to baste and quilt that are just sitting around. UFOs just aren't as fun as starting up a new project.
Linking up at Plum and June - click the gray button on the sidebar to check out the other great projects this week!