Monday, November 19, 2012

Swoon Block 3

My Swoon blocks are moving along quickly!  This weekend I finished up Block 3 and cut all the background fabric for the rest of the blocks.

Swoon Block 3
The points aren't as sharp as in the first block, but it's still darn good for how mine usually turn out :)  I've been Best Pressing the hell out of the fabric before I start.  It helps!

My trusty Fiskars rotary cutter has been working for me for over five years now - it started springing back into the safety position while cutting.  While cutting for Block 4, I finally had enough and went to Joann for a new one.  I thought about springing for the Olfa brand one, but the one I got was much cheaper and will accept the spare blades I have...  I also picked up a copy of Free Motion Quilting with Angela Walters. You can expect to see some of her designs in my quilts soon!

Then after buying a new rotary cutter, it was time for a hiking adventure!  I went to Ohiopyle and checked out the Cascades.  It was a little chilly, there's still plowed snow piles that haven't melted yet, but it was sunny and warm enough.  The waterfalls are so pretty!  I could've sat and watched the water all afternoon.  Cucumber Falls was also nice.  There weren't too many people around, which made it even nicer!

The Cascades at Ohiopyle

Hopefully Block 4 will come together tonight!  And the binding is partially finished on Christmas Ribbons - you should be seeing the finished product soon.

-Melissa


3 comments:

  1. Your swoon block is just beautiful! And the waterfalls are so pretty. It sounds very cold there but it sounds like you had a lovely time. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block is beautiful - great choice of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got that book this week - I'm excited to try something from it! Your swoon block looks great!

    ReplyDelete