Friday, August 31, 2012

Groovin'

So on Wednesday, I finished up the quilt top I was working on (more on that another day).  Then I started starching all of my Groove fabrics!  Aerosol spray starch leads to sore throats.  I think.  Anyhow, I haven't starched everything yet (the blue and natural are still a wrinkly post-wash mess), but couldn't wait to attempt curved piecing!  So I cut out the orange.  Then realized I needed to cut into the yellow to get the other half of the curve piece.

I pinned the hell out of them (seriously like 12-15 pins - better safe than sorry!) and my first one turned out pretty well!

My first curved piece!
The Groove quilt is coming together quickly!

I decided to deviate from the pattern and cut and piece things in my own way - it seems like it will go faster.  It might not be the "right" way, but as Homer told us, "There's three ways to do things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way."  Turns out the Max Power way is the wrong way, only faster.  Hopefully the Melissa way is the right way, only faster :)

It's going to be a busy labor day weekend (Friday evening wedding, Saturday county fair, Sunday outdoor adventure with the family), so things will probably be on hold for a few days.  I'm anxious to finish this one up though - the colors are so summery, it needs to be finished before fall!

1 comment:

  1. I need to get on with my curves. 12 pins, are you sure?? Looks great though!

    ReplyDelete