Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cake Mistake

On Saturday, I went to the farmer's market and got some delicious raspberries.  I decided I wanted to make a lemon-raspberry pound cake, because what's better than lemon and raspberries together!?  Google lead me to a tasty recipe at Heavy Sifting and I got to baking.  "Tube pan? What's a tube pan??  OH!  Okay."  I greased it up and floured it up and made the cake and just from the taste of the batter, it was going to be the greatest cake ever made in my kitchen.  It cooled on the wire rack for maybe 10 or so minutes then I decided the cake was ready to come out of the pan.  It wasn't. Lessons learned: fruit all sinks to the bottom and creates a weak plane; if the cake is still hot, you probably shouldn't mess with it; when using a pan that allows you to lift the cake out, don't flip it upside down; and finally, cake still tastes good no matter how ugly it looks!
 Yes... I started by eating the part stuck to the cake pan.  It was delicious!

If you are looking for a good red-white-and-blue recipe for a picnic tomorrow, this would be GREAT with red raspberries and blueberries!  

After the cake fiasco, I got back to my pebble quilting and there were some serious tension issues on the bottom.  It started after putting a new bobbin in - maybe it wasn't wound right?  That's tonight's big mystery - time to get back to doing real work!  Have a great day and if you have today off, try making that cake!

1 comment:

  1. I have done that with banana bread. I bet it still taste great though!

    ReplyDelete