Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Farmyard



For years I promised my brother I'd make him a quilt.  In November 2011, I bought a fat quarter bundle of Farmyard by Sentimental Studios.  It seemed appropriate for his style - the fabric has sort of a vintage look to it.  The patterns remind me of the line drawings in the library books at my elementary school.


It's the biggest quilt I've made so far - I believe it finished at 106 inches square. 


These photos were taken during the winter and it was too gross out to get any outside pictures - so I had to stand upstairs and take photos down into the living room to get the full view of the quilt!  It's draped over the couch.
 


I used Moda Natural and some of the leftover fabric to piece the back.


I wish I'd taken some up-close pictures!  The quilt is used on a nightly basis... I'll have to go some pictures of the worn-in version sometime!

More old projects will be posted while new ones are in progress.  I finished up Baby G's pinwheel quilt, just waiting for him or her to  be born so I can write on the label.  It's the first quilt I've put a label on!  After that, there will be photos.   And I've made some good progress on the Charming Stars quilt.  I ordered some Kona solids for the border/backing/binding this morning. 

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment