Thursday, April 26, 2012

Farmyard Windows

The first finished project I've come up with since starting this blog is a little scrap quilt called Farmyard Windows.


It's made with leftovers from fat quarter bundle of Farmyard by Sentimental Studios for Moda.  Somehow I stumbled upon this Rectangle Squared Tutorial from Film in the Fridge and immediately decided it was time to stop studying and start putting that little roll of scraps to use! 


I even managed to use up a lot of my scraps on the backing and binding!  I've got some scraps of the green wheat and the cream colored chicken prints left but that's about it. 


My favorite part is the narrow pieced border - not sure exactly what it is, but something about the border just makes it all come together so nicely.


Posing with our distressed patio chairs...  they've been weathering on the patio for 5 winters - is it too late to stain them or anything??


Close-up of the sashing between the prints - some of them didn't match up perfectly.  It looks much neater now that it's been washed.  The puckering hides some of those mistakes!  Post-washing photos to come soon.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment