Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Origins of the blog...


My brother actually invented the word "blog" sometime in 1998.  There's a building on the North Side of Pittsburgh (or was... I think it's gone now... or has been painted) that said "STAGER BLDG" on the side in big block letters.  The "D" looked like an "O" and the "Stager Blog" became a running joke.  Too bad there's not a way to make money off of that word...

Anyhow, I am starting a blog to chronicle my quilts.  I've been posting photos on Facebook for a few years, but I think it's time to move to blogging!

This blog is a work in progress, I'm busy studying for a big exam (Friday the 13th - can't believe someone thought it was a good idea to schedule a test for that day!), but hopefully in a few weeks I will have posted some of my already-finished-and-probably-given-away-as-a-gift quilts!  Check back later, I promise it will get more interesting.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment